The device drivers sometimes are not installed automatically when you plug in the device. Click the link below to download the FTDI Chip Drivers.Please note. This USB to RJ45 console cable is used for connecting PC USB ports to the console port on Cisco devices. It features the FTDI chipset. Windows 10 will not require a driver. Just over a year ago, FTDI, manufacturers of the most popular USB to serial conversion chip on the market, released an update to their drivers that bricked FTDI clones. FTDI driver is a essential software that communicates between your computer system and FTDI hardware device. How to download or update FTDI driver? There are three ways to download or update your FTDI driver for Windows 10/8/7: Download FTDI driver manually; Update FTDI driver automatically; Update FTDI driver in Device Manager.
Modified on November 16, 2015 by Nick
ELM327 Drivers need to be properly installed in order for your device to work with your computer. If the drivers are not installed properly you will have trouble communication with your device. In most instances when connecting the ELM327 to your computer (via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi) the drivers should automatically install. If this is not the case or the drivers are corrupt you will need to either re-install the drivers or try to install them manually using the software made available here.
There are many different manufacturers of the ELM327 adapters so the driver that is compatible for your device may not be the same as the next. We suggest to install each driver as needed until the hardware is working with your computer.
Can't get it to recognize a port- suspect driver issue but not sure - FrustratedReply
I would need more information in order to diagnose this problem. ELM327 USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? As well, what device are you trying to connect it to and what software are you using?
Ftdi Drivers Don't Seem To Be InstalledReply
Having an issue with your FTDI device driver? Don’t worry. You can fix the driver issue by updating FTDI driver in your computer.
What is a FTDI driver?
Future Technology Devices International is commonly known as FTDI, a company specializing in USB technology. FTDI driver is a essential software that communicates between your computer system and FTDI hardware device.
How to download or update FTDI driver?
There are three ways to download or update your FTDI driver for Windows 10/8/7:
Method 1: Download FTDI driver manually
You can manually download the FTDI driver from FTDI website. Here’s how to do it:
1) Go to FTDI driver download center.
2) Select and find the device driver that you want, and click the driver that is matched with your computer system.
3) Exact the downloaded file, install it in your computer.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the driver.
This requires time and computer skills.
Method 2: Update FTDI driver automatically
If you don’t have time or patience to manually download the FTDI driver, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Downloadand install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version), and install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating, restart your computer to take effect.
This is a rather easy method, isn’t it?!
Ftdi Usb Drivers Download
Method 3: Update FTDI driver in Device Manager
You can also update your FTDI device driver in Device Manager, where you can view and manage hardware device and its driver software in your Windows computer.
1) Make sure you’ve connected your device to your Windows computer.
2) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
3) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
4) In Device Manager, double click the device category that your device belongs to (it’s normally Ports (COM & LPT) or Universal Serial Bus controllers) to expand it.
5) Right click on your device, and select Update driver.
6) Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
7) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
After updating, restart your computer.
That’s it. Hope this post helps in downloading or updating your FTDI drivers in Windows.
If you have any questions, feel free to add a comment below.