I have read a lot of posts on our Harmony Remote discussion forums about customers having difficulty controlling DISH Network and Bell TV satellite receivers and PVRs. There are a couple of things you should check if your Harmony Remote is not controlling your receiver.
Most DISH Network and Bell TV receivers and PVRs have 16 unique address codes (remote address) which allow for control of the device. This feature is useful when you to have multiple receivers in the same room and want to control each one independently. Setting each receiver to its own unique remote address allows you to control each one independently.
By default, the Harmony Remote is set to control DISH Network and Bell TV satellite receivers and PVRs on remote address 1. The first thing to do if your Harmony Remote is not controlling your receiver is check which remote address your receiver is set to. You can easily do this by pressing SYSTEM INFO on the receiver’s front panel. The System Information screen displays on the nearby TV and shows the Remote Address. In the example below, the receiver is set to remote address 12.
One of Logitech’s technical experts suggested that the problem may not have been the wireless network interface, but the SqueezeCenter’s inability to decode Apple Lossless files fast enough. Only Apple Lossless music files had this problem, so I suspect this guess was correct. Unifying and non-Unifying devices. Verify the product or receiver is connected directly to the computer and not to a hub, extender, switch or something similar. TP-LINK TL-WN722N Wireless N150 High Gain USB Adapter,150Mbps, w/4 dBi High Gain Detachable Antenna, IEEE 802.1b/g/n, WEP, WPA/WPA2 - USB - 150 Mbps. Logitech stands with and up for the Black community to create positive change.' - Bracken Darrell, CEO Logitech and its brands have made donations to: Equal Justice Initiative, Southern Poverty Law Center, We Love Lake Street and other organizations that are fighting racial inequities. Logitech Flow uses the network to link multiple (up to three) computers and allow them to share a mouse and keyboard. To accomplish this, Flow uses a few different techniques depending on your.
If your receiver is set to something other than remote address 1, then you will need to change it to remote address 1 in order for the Harmony Remote to control it. Changing the remote address on your receiver is easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the SAT button on your original remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then release the button.
- Using the number pad, press the number 1 button
- Press the Pound button. If you entered the address correctly, the SAT button will flash three times.
- Press the Record button. Make sure the remote address you see on the System Information screen is 1.
- Press the Select button.
Once you have set your DISH Network or Bell TV satellite receiver or PVR to remote address 1, the Harmony Remote will be able to control it.
If you need the Harmony Remote to control your receiver on a specific remote address, then you will need to have the Harmony remote detect the remote address. For steps on how to do this, refer to this article.
I wanted to give thanks to towboy123 for providing a lot of the information in this week’s post. towboy123 is one of the many active participants helping answer your questions on our Harmony Remote discussion forums.
Change the WiFi network your Hub connects to
If you need to change the WiFi network that your Hub connects to, you'll want to change the network by selecting Set Up New Hub — don't worry, your Harmony configuration will be saved. Follow the steps below.
- Ensure your mobile device is connected to the same network you would like to use for your hub.
- Launch the Harmony app and select Set Up New Hub at the bottom of the screen.
- Ensure your hub is plugged in and powered up, press the Pair/Reset button on the back of your hub.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish connecting to your new Wi‑Fi network.
- You will receive a warning message stating your hub is already configured, select Connect.
- Warning: Do not select Setup as this will erase your hub configuration.
- Your hub will connect to the new Wi‑Fi network and you will be taken to your Activity list.
Multiple Network Household
If you are using a Harmony Pro 2400, follow the steps below if you have multiple Wi-Fi networks in your household and would like to change which network your hub connects to.
Logitech Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
- Launch the Harmony app and open the MENU.
- Select Harmony Setup > Wi‑Fi Settings
- Choose Select Wi‑Fi and follow the on-screen prompts.