Dec 12, 2020 The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio P65, with a relatively powerful octa-core CPU (two Cortex-A75 cores and six Cortex-A55 cores), budget-tier Mali-G52 MC2 graphics, Bluetooth 5, and 48MP. Fully 5G-integrated 7nm chip. MediaTek MiraVision HDR Video Playback. Streaming video has never looked better. The Dimensity 1000+ does the hard work behind the scenes, intelligently adjusting a wide range of video stream factors, including color, brightness, contrast, sharpness, and dynamic range. MediaTek Helio G35. 8x ARM Cortex-A53 cores @up to 2.3GHz; IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU @680MHz; RAM & Storage: 3GB LPDDR4x +32GB; 4GB+64GB; Battery & Charging: 5,000mAh; Rear Camera(s) 13MP f/2.2. Photography is a priority for the new 1100 and 1200 models. MediaTek says that it can support 108 Megapixel cameras with the Dimensity 1100 and 200 Megapixel cameras with the Dimensity 1200. Mediatek did not provide performance data for its new Image Signal Processor unit (ISP), but we can extrapolate a bit using previous announcements. The Dimensity 1000 could officially process 80M pixel at 24 FPS, or 1.92 Gigapixel per second.
MediaTek has announced the MediaTek Dimensity 1100 and Dimensity 1200 5G chipsets. The new chipsets will add to the range of flagship Dimensity chipsets that are aimed at powerful performance and 5G support. The new Dimensity 1100 and 1200 chipsets are built on the new 6 nanometer architecture and claim to bring top-of-the-line camera features, graphics and connectivity enhancements.
The announcement comes a day after Qualcomm launched its new flagship Snapdragon 870 5G chipset, a direct competitor to the new MediaTek Dimensity 1100 and 1200 chips.
“MediaTek continues to expand its 5G portfolio with highly integrated solutions for a range of devices from the high-end to the mid-tier,” said JC Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit. “Our new Dimensity 1200 stands out with its impressive 200MP camera support and advanced AI capabilities, in addition to its innovative connectivity, display, audio and gaming enhancements,” he added.
MediaTek Dimensity 1100, 1200 chipset: What’s new?
The MediaTek Dimensity 1100 features an octa-core (eight) CPU with four ARM Cortex-A78 cores clocking up to 2.6GHz and four ARM Cortex-A55 cores for efficiency. There is also the new nine-core ARM Mali-G77 GPU.
The MediaTek Dimensity 1200 features an octa-core CPU, featuring one fast ARM Cortex-A78 core, which can clock up to 3GHz speeds. There are also three ARM Cortex-A78 cores and four ARM Cortex-A55 cores for efficiency. The chipset also features a new nine-core GPU unit and the MediaTek APU 3.0.
The new Dimensity chipsets feature an integrated 5G modem with MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave technology to save power. They will support both standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) 5G networks and will also support, 5G carrier aggregation (2CC) along with True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA). Dimensity 1200 and 1100 both support Bluetooth 5.2, which lets users stream to multiple wireless devices simultaneously.The new MediaTek Dimensity 1100 and 1200 chipsets will directly compete with the recently launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset. (Image Source: MediaTek)
Camera and display capabilities
The new MediaTek Dimensity 1100 will support cameras of up to 108MP and the Dimensity 1200 will support cameras of up to 200MP. The chipsets will support up to 4K HDR video capturing. The chipsets also support a new AI-enhanced video playback feature, that can convert SDR video to HDR video using AI capabilities.
The MediaTek Dimensity 1100 can support displays with up to 144Hz refresh rate, while the Dimensity 1200 supports up to 168Hz refresh rates. Both chipsets support MediaTek’s HyperEngine 3.0 gaming technologies, which includes 5G call and data concurrency for more reliable connectivity, plus multi-touch boost touchscreen responsiveness.
'MediaTek continues to expand its 5G portfolio with highly integrated solutions for a range of devices from the high-end to the mid-tier,' said JC Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek's Wireless Communications Business Unit. 'Our new Dimensity 1200 stands out with its impressive 200MP camera support and advanced AI capabilities, in addition to its innovative connectivity, display, audio and gaming enhancements.'Key features of MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and 1100 5G chipsets include:
- The Most Out of 5G Every Day: The Dimensity 1200 and 1100 pack a highly integrated 5G modem with MediaTek's 5G UltraSave technology for big power savings. Both chipsets support every connectivity generation from 2G to 5G, in addition to supporting the latest connectivity features including 5G standalone and non-standalone architectures, 5G carrier aggregation (2CC) across frequency division duplex (FDD) and time division duplex (TDD), dynamic spectrum sharing (DSS), True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR). The chipsets also integrate 5G HSR Mode and 5G Elevator Mode enhancements to ensure a seamless, reliable 5G connection across networks.
- Flagship AI Multimedia: The Dimensity 1200 supports 200MP photos for stunning photography with its five-core HDR-ISP. It boasts staggered 4K HDR video capture for significantly greater dynamic range. The chipset integrates an updated version of MediaTek's hexa-core AI processor (MediaTek APU 3.0), which has an enhanced multi-task scheduler that reduces latency and improves power-efficiency. The Dimensity 1100 also packs impressive camera capabilities with its 108MP camera support, and integrates MediaTek's existing APU 3.0 for high performance computing that's also super power-efficient. Both chipsets support AI camera features including AI-Panorama Night Shot, AI Multi-Person Bokeh, AI noise reduction (AINR) and HDR capabilities. The chipsets also support new AI-enhanced video playback features including AI SDR-to-HDR.
- Premium Performance: The Dimensity 1200 has an octa-core CPU designed with an ultra-core Arm Cortex-A78 clocked up to 3GHz for extreme performance, three Arm Cortex-A78 super cores and four Arm Cortex-A55 efficiency cores. With a nine-core GPU and six-core MediaTek APU 3.0, the Dimensity 1200 delivers a new level of premium performance. The Dimensity 1100 is designed with an octa-core CPU which includes four Arm Cortex-A78 cores operating at up to 2.6GHz and four Arm Cortex-A55 efficiency cores, along with a nine-core Arm Mali-G77 GPU. Both chipsets are manufactured on TSMC's advanced 6nm process technology.
- Incredible Displays: The Dimensity 1200 supports ultra-fast 168Hz refresh rates for a fast, fluid user experience. The Dimensity 1100 also supports cutting-edge displays with 144Hz refresh rates for ultra-sharp, zero-lag visuals. Both chipsets support MediaTek's HyperEngine 3.0 gaming technologies, which includes 5G call and data concurrency for more reliable connectivity, plus multi-touch boost touchscreen responsiveness. The new chipsets also support ray tracing in mobile games and artificial reality applications for more realistic visuals, along with super hotspot power savings which let users go longer in between charges.
- Dual-Link True Wireless Stereo Audio: Dimensity 1200 and 1100 both support Bluetooth 5.2, which lets users stream to multiple wireless devices simultaneously. The chipsets also support ultra-low latency true wireless stereo audio and LC3 encoding for higher quality, lower latency streaming audio that's also very power-efficient to prolong the battery life of wireless earbuds.
Many OEMs, including Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO and realme, expressed support for MediaTek's new Dimensity chip. The first devices with the new MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and 1100 chipsets are expected to hit the market at the end of Q1 and beginning of Q2 this year.
Other industry collaborators and supporters of the new MediaTek 5G chipsets include Arm, China Mobile, Tetras.AI, ArcSoft and Tencent Games.
For more information, visit this page.
Mediatek Cameras Price
- Jun 1st 2020AMD 'Ryzen C7' Smartphone SoC Specifications Listed (47)
- Apr 8th 2020x86 Lacks Innovation, Arm is Catching up. Enough to Replace the Giant? (216)
- Jan 28th 2021Apple Patents Multi-Level Hybrid Memory Subsystem (41)
- Nov 6th 2020Arm Takes Aim at Laptops: Cortex-A78C Processor for PCs Introduced (21)
- Mar 22nd 2019AMD Ryzen 3000 'Zen 2' BIOS Analysis Reveals New Options for Overclocking & Tweaking (73)
- Jul 30th 2020Arm China Goes Rogue, Ex-CEO Blocking the Business (70)
- Jan 21st 2021Industry R&D Spending To Rise 4% After Hitting Record in 2020: IC Insights (4)
- Jan 13th 2021Samsung Unveils Their Flagship Exynos 2100 Mobile Processor (2)
- Oct 29th 2020Apple A14 SoC Put Under the Microscope; Die Size, and Transistor Density Calculated (9)
- Oct 8th 2020Arm Highlights its Next Two Generations of CPUs, codenamed Matterhorn and Makalu, with up to a 30% Performance Uplift (7)